Analogue Productions set out to produce the ultimate test record.
They consulted many experts in the field, including mastering engineers, audio experts, turntable experts and audiophile listeners, to create a test record that's never been made before.
Most of the test records in the past have been made to test a variety of equipment. This test record excludes silly cannon shots, typewriters, voices on one channel and other useless fluff. This one specifically addresses your turntable and cartridge. It’s designed to provide the basic test signals necessary to calibrate a turntable or cutting lathe as simply as possible. Most of the signals have specific implications, but it is certainly possible to use them in any number of novel ways.
Please Note: This set-up tool is intended for use beyond simple audible testing. Certain tools are required to achieve intended results, including and most notably an Azimuth Range Meter like the Fozgometer
This record was pressed at Quality Record Pressings
1. 1kHz Reference Tone (Mono)
2. 1kHz Reference Level (Left Only)
3. 1kHz Reference Level (Right Only)
4. 1kHz Reference Tone (-20dB)
5. 10kHz Reference Tone (-20dB)
6. 1kHz - 20kHz Sweep (-20dB)
7. 1kHz - 20kHz Sweep (0VU)
8. 100Hz Reference Tone (0VU)
9. VTA Adjust
10. Standard Wow & Flutter Test (3150Hz)
11. Anti-Skate Test (315Hz, Sweep 0dB - +12dB)
12. Pink Noise (Lateral)
13. Pink Noise (Vertical)
14. 1kHz Reference Level (Out-of-phase)
15. 1kHz - 10kHz Sweep (-20dB)
16. Silent Groove