- 180 GRAM AUDIOPHILE VINYL
- DELUXE GATEFOLD JACKET WITH LEATHER LAMINATE
- INSERT WITH LYRICS AND PICTURES
- FEATURING THE SINGLES ''BROTHER UP IN HEAVEN'',''SO FAR AWAY'', ''FALL FREE'' & ''APOLLO''
- VOCALS BY ERIC STEWART, NEIL LOCKWOOD, STEVE OVERLAND, CHRISTOPHER CROSS, GRAHAM DYE, PETER BECKETT
- BLACK VINYL
On Air is the second solo release by Alan Parsons following the split of The
Alan Parsons Project. One of the creative forces was APP long-time guitarist
Ian Bairnson. The concept of the album revolves around the history of airborne
The theme of ''Too Close to the Sun'' is escaping the labyrinth of the Minotaur.
''Brother Up In Heaven'' is an emotionally driven song, about the unfortunate
death of Ian Bairnson's cousin. ''One Day To Fly'' is a song about Leonardo da
Vinci's search to design a flying machine.
A who's-who of lead vocalists are featured on this album; Christopher Cross,
Eric Stewart, Neil Lockwood, Steve Overland and Graham Dye. The amazing
looking artwork was recreated for this vinyl edition by none other than Peter
Curzon of Storm Studios. Although On Air might be the most underrated Alan
Parsons albums, many consider this as one of his best albums. The package
includes an insert with lyrics and pictures.
1. Blue Blue Sky
2. Too Close To The Sun
3. Blown By The Wind
5. I Can't Look Down
6. Brother Up In Heaven
1. Fall Free
3. So Far Away
4. One Day To Fly
5. Blue Blue Sky